Newbridge House & Farm Donabate
(3 year Fixed Term Contract)
Shannon Heritage is Ireland’s largest operator of tourism attractions, complete with six castles and a variety of other immersive day attractions and evening entertainment events in Clare, Limerick, Galway and Dublin.
The Company manages a total of seven day visitor attractions including its flagship Bunratty Castle & Folk Park (including world-famous Bunratty Medieval Banquets) and King John’s Castle in Limerick which it owns and manages. It also has interests in many other world-famous sites such as the Cliffs of Moher and Adare Heritage Centre, where the Company manages retail operations. It also manages three sites in Dublin: Malahide Castle and Gardens, Newbridge House which it manages on behalf of Fingal County Council, and the award winning GPO Witness History which it manages on behalf of An Post.
Shannon Heritage DAC now wishes to enhance its team by hiring an Education & Corporate Business Development Executive based at head office Bunratty Castle & Folk Park, Bunratty Co. Clare.
Description of Position
The Retail Assistant will assume full responsibility for the day to day operation of a new Retail area due to be opened late September at Newbridge House & Farm Donabate. Reporting to the Operations Manager the role entails serving customers, cash & card transactions, promoting the retail products, packing and presenting to the customer, stock management & reordering, merchandising etc
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide an efficient and courteous service to customers at all times
- Manage stock levels restocking as required. Stocktaking duties as assigned
- Ensure correct procedures regarding till controls, cash and credit card transactions are followed
- Responsible for layout and display of retail merchandise.
- Responsible for keeping the retail area clean and presentable at all times.
- Keep the Operations Manager updated regarding stock levels and other information as required
- Deal with any issues arising and keep the Operations Manager fully informed
- Position may involve covering other areas during breaks such as admissions/café as determined by the Operations Manager
- Required to work rostered duties which will include evenings, weekends and Public Holidays
- Be visibly presentable wearing the appropriate uniform assigned by the Company, be punctual and dedicated to the team
- Ensure compliance with the Company policies and procedures, legislative requirements and all in-house standards
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Applicants for this position are sought from energetic and passionate retail personnel with a minimum of 2 years customer facing retail experience, till and cash handling.
Candidates should have a welcoming and pleasant manner with a passion for service excellence, capable of working on their own initiative while actively participating within a small team. Be capable of efficient and cost effective delivery of service to maximise sales
Applications in the form of a current CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org To arrive not later than 5.00 p.m. on Wednesday the 22nd of August